The end of the year presents an opportunity to look back at some of the most memorable quotes about 40-and-older entrepreneurs that appeared on this blog in 2017. I hope you find wisdom and inspiration from these eight quotes – especially if your 2018 goals include starting or expanding a business.
Happy New Year!
1) “Go after what you feel deeply about. And be willing to take a risk. If you feel strongly about something, just follow your heart and do it.” – Bob Hamrin, Great Dads
2) “If I had started at age 30, I could not have survived. I had no experience or connections. And connections are very important, especially in this business.” – Edward Kim, Buying Together
3) “You cannot live to be 45-plus and not have something to offer the economy.”— Angela Heath, TKC Incorporated
4) “After a 35-year career managing systems integration and software development projects, I found myself about to be laid off and decided to pursue my passion for hot rods, sports cars and all things automotive. I was presented with an opportunity to become a business partner at a high-end automotive restoration shop….and I haven’t looked back. I love what we do and look forward to going to work every day.” – Paul Vorbach, HV3Dworks
5) “I believe my age gave me an edge. I was born level-headed, I was more apt to stick to it and I was more determined.” – Jeannette Hughes, Hughes Barney Investigations
6) “Business is first and foremost about people. Pick up the phone and call people in your tribe. They’ll introduce you to people in their tribes. That’s how you go from an aspiring entrepreneur or author to a successful one with a sustainable business.” – Jim Horan, The One Page Business Plan Company
7) “I have probably picked up one-third of the income I enjoy today from work I never expected to do.” – Jeff Williams, Bizstarters
8) “I am doing the most rewarding and meaningful work of my life right now.” – Paul Tasner, PulpWorks