Here are ten quotes from posts that appeared on Late Blooming Entrepreneurs throughout the year. I hope you enjoy these sayings – and perhaps find some inspiration, wisdom or food for thought as you set goals for 2015.
1. “Once you’ve lived a little, it becomes harder to go about your work without paying closer attention to colleagues and empathizing with those around you.”– Sydney Finkelstein, management professor, author and leadership guru
2. “I sort of reinvent myself every seven to ten years. My goal is to never retire. I can’t imagine what retirement would be like.” — Carolyn Newsom, attorney
3. “Establish your goals and objectives and then focus like a laser on accomplishing them.” — Bill Cheeks, ABBA Associates
4. “I don’t waste time on things that I am not good at or that others can do much better than I can.” — Elizabeth Erlandson, Licorice International
5. “Start with the hardest task on your to-do list. If you leave the hardest to the last, you’re sure to run out of time.” – Jim Kelly, serial tech entrepreneur
6. “I wanted my own children to see me living a challenging and inspiring life. And I thought, ‘How can I encourage them to pursue their dreams if I’m not leading by example?’” – Paul Shafer, Shafer…Power!
7. “Every time you have a success you will say, well, try topping that. That’s the nature of success. You know you have to keep moving forward.” – Donny Osmond, singer and entrepreneur
8. “I want to do stories that others won’t do. Once I’m done with a film, I want to move on to the next one. I’ve started working on films only in middle age and I want to make as many as I can.” — Zhang Wei, entrepreneur and movie director
9. “See in others what they can’t see in themselves. By doing so, you can inspire people to achieve more than they ever thought possible.” – Len Forkas, Milestone Communications and Hopecam
10. “I like the proverb that goes something like, ‘If you can’t go through the door then go through the window, if you can’t go through the window go through the chimney.’ To me, it means there is always a way and don’t give up too easily.” – Meredith Hedrick, Doha Designs
Happy New Year!