Last week wasn’t easy. A case of writer’s block kept me from getting much done on a key project. Plus the family pet was sick and it rained every day.
So it was a nice, and well-timed, surprise to learn that georgettesullins has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I am honored by this recognition, especially since it comes from Georgette. She’s a terrific writer who, from her chair “that swivels and rocks,” shares life stories, many of which have themes and messages that resonate. I encourage you to check out her blog.
As part of this nomination, I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself that you may not know — so here goes.
1. I’m writing a book on entrepreneurship. One of the best things about it is meeting many interesting and successful business owners (some have been featured in this blog).
2. My professional background is in communications. It’s given me a way to learn about all kinds of writing. It’s also instilled a habit of keeping up with the world, for better or worse.
3. When I’m not writing, I like to read – although it seems like it’s harder to find time for that these days. The current stack on my night stand includes The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Good to Great and some old issues of Cooking Light.
4. My home is in the Washington, DC area which, aside from the traffic and hot, humid summers, is a great place to live.
5. I come from an entrepreneurial household. My husband owns five bicycle stores, which provides opportunities for me to pass along occasional ”lessons learned” about business ownership. We have two, almost-grown children who keep life interesting.
6. One of my hobbies is cycling. I also like to travel. Among my favorite trips have been a couple to watch the Tour de France.
7. I’m a perpetual Spanish student who has a pretty good vocabulary. I just wish I could remember how to conjugate verbs correctly.
Another part of receiving the Versatile Blogger Award is to nominate other blogs for this recognition. I haven’t been blogging for all that long, so I’m still discovering who’s writing what. But it’s a pleasure to recognize a few bloggers I follow and thank them for their work.
Creativeconsiderations, written by communications strategist Christine Sullivan, does a nice job of featuring a wide range of posts related to public relations, brainstorming, social media and leadership, among other areas. The blog’s purpose is “to share ideas and curate relevant content for visitors — all related to the many aspects of creativity — in work and in life.”
Mike Wilson, owner of MrKleanze, LLC, writes Micro Business Solutions – a great source of solid business advice and inspiration. Mike’s goal is “to share the benefit of our knowledge (most of it forged in the furnace of horrible mistakes) with people who want to have their own business or who already do.”
MOSO Nation seeks to “connect, motivate and educate micro and solo business owners with editorial content in print and online, and uniquely created special events that fuel aspirations.” Here again, the posts cover a variety of areas – from lifestyle choices to microfinance.
I hope you’ll stop by creativeconsiderations, Micro Business Solutions and MOSO Nation if you haven’t already. And if you have comments or suggestions for this blog, please let me know.
Thanks for reading.